Frequently Asked Questions
The Kenton County Sheriff’s Office will cease tax bill collections end of business day, April 15th (if the 15th of April falls on a weekend then it closes on the next business day). Unpaid tax bills are then turned over to the Kenton County Clerk’s Office for additional collection efforts that will result in added penalties and fees.
If the tax bill is not paid to the County Clerk by the time of their annual tax sale in July the tax bill may be sold to a third party. Substantial additional amounts will be due in order to redeem the outstanding taxes.
Collection Schedule 2019 PROPERTY AND TANGIBLE TAXES DUE DATE HAS BEEN EXTENDED 30 DAYS TO 15 MAY 2020
- October 1st to November 1st: Face amount less 2%
- November 2nd to December 31st: Face amount of tax bill
- January 1st to January 31st: Face amount plus 5%
- February 1st through end of business day, April 15th: Face amount plus 10% plus 10%
- If the 15th of April falls on a weekend then it closes on the next business day
- How and where can I pay my tax bill?
- What do I do if I change my mailing address?
- Why is my assessed value incorrect?
- What do I do if there is a change of property ownership?
- What if my check is returned for non-sufficient funds?
- What is a HomeStead and Disability Exemptions?
- Who do I make my check payable to and where do I mail it to?
- Can I sign over a check to the Sheriff's Office?
- Does the Sheriff's Office accept other forms of payment other than cash or check?
- Can I make a credit/debit card payment over the telephone?
- Can I, a homeowner, get a copy of a tax bill mailed to me?
- Can I get a receipt for taxes when I mail in a payment?
- I mistakenly paid my tax bill and my bank/mortgage company also paid the bill. Who will receive a refund?
- I received an exemption after I had already paid my taxes. Will I receive a refund?
- Can I pay my tax bill at Heritage Bank without my bill statement?
- If I pay the bill at Heritage Bank on November 1st will the payment be credited that date? What if I pay my bill on a Saturday or Sunday?
- Can I search for my tax bill online?